SickSquirrel

Registered
Aug 24, 2019
Westport Point, MA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I’m new to cPanel and WHM. I began using it several months ago but am not able to find certain links. I’m needing to change passwords for FTP and add new users per domain. I’ve clicked every link under Home and nothing says FTP Accounts. I clicked almost every link that might help me find it to no avail. So, I’m here to request a little help with the FTP functions . My host will gladly do this for me but I’d prefer to learn. Thanks in advance

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In cPanel -> Preferences -> Password & Security you can change your cPanel accout's passoword, that will also change the (main) FTP account password.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
In cPanel -> Preferences -> Password & Security you can change your cPanel accout's passoword, that will also change the (main) FTP account password.
This will only change the password for the FTP account associated with the cPanel user. If there are other FTP accounts the password can be changed by one of the following methods:

1. From cPanel>>Preferences>>User Manager -> Select edit for the account you want to modify the password for.

2. From cPanel>>Files>>FTP Accounts -> You can change the FTP password for any FTP accounts you've created.

If you don't have either of these options available you won't be able to make these changes on your own and you'll need to contact your provider directly.

SickSquirrel

Registered
Aug 24, 2019
Westport Point, MA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks but not helpful for the issue. I was going to port 2087 but that’s not the right site. Port 2083 has the links that you posted and the ones I need. Took my host four days to find that out! I forgot that two areas had my control panel. Hopefully I’ll maneuver around with no problems.

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, I do not have the Password & Security this option under Preferences....do you know any other method to change the password? ?Thanks
In that case your hosting provider has disabled it, and you will have to ask them to change the password.