The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change reseller username

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xtr3, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Xtr3

Xtr3 Registered

I am a reseller. I recently changed my domain name, but would like to change my username also. Is there anyway to do this other than having my hosting company create a new account?

2. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

There is a 'change user name' feature in whm, but its a simple script to code, to change the ownerships of accounts for a reseller and their own account.

The usage of the change user name feature in whm, some companies don't like to do that and refuse to use it for resellers as it can screw the config up a little :)

Depends if they have the know how to code thier own script and do it manually but they may quite rightly charge for a user name change if they do it, after all its only a user name and it takes labour to make the changes and verify all is ok. (coding time , admin time etc)

3. PortugalNetwork

Explain it to them, the better way is to create a new account, and your host transffers all the accounts to your new account, and then deletes your old account, it is more safe.