The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Schedule Time for Backups

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by vittox, Feb 7, 2011.

1. vittox

vittox Registered

Hello, I am using WHM VPS Optimized version 11.28.64 and want to know if there is a possibility to change the time at which the Backup has been schedules for every selected day ?

I would prefer to have different backup schedule times for every selected day.

Thanks,

Team Vittox.com

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello vittox,

The backup cron is set in crontab -e in root SSH or you can edit the /var/spool/cron/root file. It is the line that called /scripts/cpbackup for the cron entry.

Now, the backup is a daily cron that is set at the same time. If you want to set it for different times each day, you'd have to revise the existing entry and then add different entries for each of the other days you want it to run. I'm uncertain why you'd want it different times each day, since normally it's easier to pick the least busy times on the machine, but you can certainly change the times.

The only issue that will happen is that the cron is reset periodically by major cPanel updates, so you may need to recheck it once a week to ensure it is still running at your preferred times.

Finally, there is an option to add the upcp and cpbackup cron times into WHM to change them for the default entry. You can enable this in WHM > Manage Plugins by selecting the cronconfig option and checking " Install and keep updated" then saving that area. After installing cronconfig, a link will appear under WHM > Plugins area called "Configure cPanel Cron Times"

Thanks.