Change Setup date Display Format

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
I searched for this topic and only came up with a thread that is almost two years old and has no reply...

I would like to modify the display format of the Setup Date for account under the WHM - Account Information - List Accounts feature. The current format is YY MMM DD HH:MM which is a really awkward and unnatural display. i would like to display the Setup Date in the ##/##/## HH:MM format in month day year sequence. Please let me know how to make this modification.

Thanks!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I don't believe it's possible to change the date format under "List Accounts" in WHM, but feel free to submit a feature request for this via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
Thank Michael. It is not a huge issue of course. Just was hoping that there might be a quick tweak somewhere in the product.

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
Hey Michael do you know where within the code that the presentation of this data is generated? I figure I might dig in and see how eay it might be to write my own tweak.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I don't believe you can modify the output or format of the "List Accounts" option in WHM. However, if you want to make your own script, the setup date itself is found in:

Code:
/var/cpanel/users/$username
The "STARTDATE=" entry is configured in unix format.

Thank you.

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
I don't believe you can modify the output or format of the "List Accounts" option in WHM. However, if you want to make your own script, the setup date itself is found in:

Code:
/var/cpanel/users/$username
The "STARTDATE=" entry is configured in unix format.

Thank you.
Yeah I was aware of where it was stored. I actually set that date/time manually after a new client's web site is fully developed and on line live. I was wondering where the code read that date value and presents it in the current display format.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
It's hard-coded and not something you can modify in a template file as far as I can tell.

Thank you.