The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change the dns settings in cPanel

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by cornishman, Jul 26, 2007.

1. cornishman

cornishman Member

I have been having a really rough time here getting things set up in cPanel/WHM on a new dedicated server and my main web site has now been unreachable for nearly a week. Yes I am completely new to this side of things but searching in the support centre or interactive knowledge base of cPanel has been of no use at all. I have always found the normal cPanel to be very simple and intuitive but the WHM version has proven a nightmare for me. It just seems vastly over complicated and while some will no doubt say I should have a managed server a part of me can't help but feeling that I really shouldn't need one.

After a talk with my web host they changed a couple of small things in my configuration and now tell me that I:

"need to change the dns settings in cPanel of your other domains to match
    the settings of 'xxxxxxxx.com' and also change the nameservers for these domains to:

1st nameserver: ns1.xxxxxxxx.com
    2nd nameserver: ns7.leaseweb.com"

Can somebody please tell me exactly where I should do this in cPanel to make it work properly. Somehow I've lost a lot of confidence in working with cPanel and really don't want to mess things up. No doubt this question has been asked before and I apologise if that is the case but the search facility on this site didn't bring up anything. I put in the complete phrase "Change the dns settings in cPanel "and it always came back saying I needed to search for at least 3 words. For the record I am not new to computers and do extensive work in Photoshop, Freeway Pro and a whole bunch of other stuff, however, I cannot think of anything else which has caused me so many headaches over the last 3-4 years. Could somebody please help me to resolve this one last step?