The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change update option from release to stable fails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccpc, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ccpc

ccpc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can't stand working with new WHM theme that was forced on me today, so it seemed my only alternative was to move from release to stable. I tried to change my update preferences from RELEASE to STABLE and it FAILED...

Reasons for blocked updates
    Please correct these issues and rerun updates.

fatal: Downgrades to a previous major release are not permitted.

How is changing from one tier to another a downgrade?

I'm still switching to the latest release, just a different preference.

Is this a bug, because I can't understand the logic behind this system at all.

Why offer an upgrade preference selection if it does not work?

What file do I need to edit to change the version number so that my upgrade to stable will work.

Note to mod who moved my last post to a 2 week old gui thread, do not move this! I am a paying customer and I want answers pertaining to my specific questions, I do not want my questions pushed into a friggin 2 week old thread that is completely unrelated to my questions :mad:

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    STABLE is not an upgrade, it's a downgrade to 11.32. As mentioned in our release notes (cPanel & WHM 11.34 Release Notes blockers), once a server is at 11.34 the server will not be able to downgrade to 11.32.