The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change Update Tier Current -> Stable (without downgrade)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by palav0s, Feb 17, 2014.

1. palav0s

palav0s Well-Known Member

Hi,

How can I swap from the Currect to the Stable Release Tier, from the next upgrade thus without downgrading cPanel?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Normally, you can change your desired update tier in Home » Server Configuration » Update Preferences. However, since right now this would mean a downgrade, the WebHost Manager will not allow that to happen. You can edit /etc/cpupdate.conf to manually change the update tier.

Changing the update tier will not downgrade cPanel. Downgrades of cPanel are not supported, and the cPanel update process will not allow a downgrade to happen. You do not need to worry about cPanel downgrading as a result of changing your update tier selection.

#2 cPanelJared, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. cPanelJared

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Another way to approach this is to wait until 11.42 goes to STABLE before you make any changes. I do not have a timeframe for when 11.42 will go to STABLE - it has not even gone to RELEASE yet - but you can always see which version is in each update tier at all times by browsing this page:

Downloads - cPanel Inc.

4. palav0s

palav0s Well-Known Member

remove post

#4 palav0s, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  5. cPanelJared

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My initial reply to this thread contained a statement that was not completely accurate. These forums are viewed by the entire world, so accuracy is important. I edited my own post to make it more accurate.

Your post that I deleted, would not have been necessary if my post had been completely accurate to start with, and it quoted the inaccurate part of my post, so I removed it.

It is not common that we edit or remove posts, but in this case I did so in the interest of accuracy, so as not to cause confusion for those who come later and read this thread.