Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Change user privileges in MariaDB?

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by Sunlander, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Sunlander

Sunlander Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have spent all day trying to revoke access to a couple of tables im MariaDB MySQL phpadmin. There is no clear way to do this. Apparently the functionality was removed years ago (according to this thread: phpMyAdmin USERS tab gone )

Did it ever manage to get re-installed? Is there anywhere we can activate it? This is crucial for us and many others who have to let 3rd party developers into our systems. We need to be able to protect tables such as _users and others that contain sensitive information/settings. How on earth do we go about doing this now?

I want to revoke access for specific users in my Joomla database so creating a new database user in cpanel isn't the answer. This was apparently very achievable in the past.

I have tried accessing as [email protected] and running the REVOKE query via pyhmyadmin but it produces errors i.e. I used various things for example like:

REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES, GRANT OPTION ON mytable FROM 'user'@localhost';

How would I achieve a simple thing like this?

Kind regards

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Only users added to the DB as a privileged user will have the privilege to modify the database. You can modify the privileges of users added to a user by going to cPanel>>SQL>>MySQL Databases -> Current Databases -> Click the user who is assigned to the database in the privileged users tab

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...