The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change users package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gameroom.com, Mar 22, 2008.

1. gameroom.com

gameroom.com Registered

Hi,

I recently migrated a bunch of my users over to cpanel using my own scripts to provision each account using the wwwacct script in /scripts/. When I did this I had a package named "Free Host" that I was assigning to the accounts. The problem was that the wwwacct script did not handle the space properly and ended up assigning the package "Free" to the accounts. There is no package named "Free" on my server so it just ended up giving them a default package.

So now I have to change all the users packages and can't use the multi-account functions b/c there are too many and my server ends up crashing. I'm trying to write a script to update the accounts and assign the proper package but I can't find any good docs on the scripts in the /scripts/ directory. In fact the only one I found with documentation was the wwwact script. What script in /scripts/ could I use to update the users account packages?

Thanks,

Derek

2. gameroom.com

gameroom.com Registered

I ended up using the xml-api. There's a little more documentation :)