Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Changed a parked domain to the main domain....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by casey, Sep 9, 2004.

1. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Okay, I have a customer who did not contact me before setting his domains up. It turns out he wanted an addon type system rather than a parking system. And, he wanted a different domain as his main domain. However, he has already parked the domain on top and is using both for e-mail. So, I

1) Modified httpd.conf and changed the servername to the new domain.
    2) Modified the /var/cpanel/users file to switch the parked domain to the main domain and vice-versa.
    3) Restarted apache and cpanel

Now, everything is working as he wanted it to, but I cannot see his account under the "List Accounts" function in WHM. What am I missing? What else do I need to modify so that WHM picks it up?

If I select modify an account, it still shows up with the old domain...But when I click on it, the file itself shows the new domain (because it is being read from /var/cpanel/users).

2. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Found it:
    /etc/trueuserdomains