Changed cPanel password, FTP Password change has been queued

RickKukiela

Jan 17, 2017
Chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm trying to reset the FTP password of one of our accounts. I bring up List accounts in WHM. I expand the account. Do the change password thing and I get that message. It "queued" the ftp password change.

The password is not changed and I still cannot FTP into the account.

Why is it "queuing" the password change? Why wont it just do it?

And for how long is this queued for? Is it going to be done in 5 minutes? 10 minutes? an hour? a day? a week? a month? a year?

That message is a virtual slap in my face and an insult to my intelligence. I want the FTP password changed NOW. Not when you feel like getting around to it.

So can someone please explain to me what is going on here and how to force it to happen now, and not when it feels like it?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @RickKukiela,

We document information about the task queue system at:

The Task Queue System - Version 78 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Changing an account's password should not generally take more than a few seconds. If it's not updating right away, then it suggests a potential issue leading to the build up of tasks on your system. Can you confirm that password update tasks are still delayed? If so, can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look to see what's happening on the affected system? You can post the ticket number here and we'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.