The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed domain name, now problems with email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by megami, Mar 4, 2007.

1. megami

megami Registered

I have an account for someone who was running for office. After losing the election, the domain name was changed. There was a lot of database programming so I could not move or delete the account. I changed the domain name, DNS info, MX info and have gotten rid of all references to the old domain name. There are problems with email now. The website and database are fine.

I did the Mail Troubleshooting and it says there are errors in Mail Routing, Filter Alias File and SMTP Destination. I've checked DNS and MX info several times and even comparing it to the other successfully running accounts. I cannot find the problem. I believe somewhere it is still referring to the old domain name.

Would anyone know how I could fix this problem?

#1 megami, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If there's no mail in the account your easiest route might be to just delete it and recreate.

3. megami

megami Registered

Ok, I did that and it went fine when first tested. Then later the person who actually uses the email tried it and received this error.