The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed main WHM email, but message still going to old address...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by knipper, Feb 22, 2005.

1. knipper

knipper Well-Known Member

OK...

Maybe I'm having a brain cramp... or changed some other files in the original server setup, and don't recall.

I needed to change my main WHM email address, as I am moving and getting a new ISP. I changed my email address in WHM setup. But... overnight I still got my cron daemon, and root (logwatch) emails at my old original ISP. I checked the address, in WHM and it was changed.

So where do I need to change where these messages are sent to? Do I need to change them in individual files, or is there another config area I need to change?

Thanks for the input! :)

PS... these are the messages coming from root@my.server.com or root@myserver

2. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

Check /etc/aliases ?? just a guess if it got somehow hardcoded there by accident.

3. knipper

knipper Well-Known Member

Thanks tAzMaNiAc,

But nope... not any manual entries in there.

I've been watching a couple days, and it WHM emails from root are still going to the old address. However, the ones I was able to change (APF, BFD for example) are working correctly. This makes me feel I must have made a change in another server config file somewhere.

Unfortunately I am moving across the state right now... and my original notebook where I documented my server changes when I set it up is who knows where!

Anyone have any additional suggestions?

Thanks in advance