Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Changes in Zone Editor takes some time to save

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by kenneth-vkd, Dec 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kenneth-vkd

kenneth-vkd Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi
    I am trying to find the source of a performance related issue when making changes to DNS zones from cPanel.

When I want to make a change to a DNS zone, cPanel can often wait for up to a minute before showing a message about the changes being succesfully saved.

First some information about the servers. I experience the issue across 3 servers. two of the servers have around 270 accounts, while the last one has only 4.
    For the system there is also connected 4 cPanel DNSonly systems for handling DNS.
    Across all three servers there is a total of around 700 domains.
    Is there a way to improve performance or find out why it has dropped?

All servers are running on NVMe drives, so disk I/O should not be a problem.

Generally, the servers seem to perform fine for other tasks and for showing customer websites, so I cannot figure out why we have this performance issue when making changes to DNS

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @kenneth-vkd,

Can you browse to WHM >> Nameserver Selection and let me know which name server is enabled on the cPanel & WHM and DNSOnly servers?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kenneth-vkd

kenneth-vkd Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi
    We are using Bind for all the nameservers and it is also what is chosen on the webservers themselves.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at the affected system? You can post the ticket number here and we'll update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...