The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing a drop-down menu from cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John123Drury, Sep 21, 2014.

1. John123Drury

John123Drury Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey guys - I am the owner of a website and would like to make some adjustments to one of the pages. Though I didn't build it, I've been spending a lot of time in cPanel's File Manager and have already been able to make a variety of successful changes from there (always backing up before I do, of course). What I would like to do now is change the order of the items found in a drop-down menu that a customer selects when signing up. But looking in the File Manager > Public HTML files for the site, I can't find a way to do it.

Below is what the HTML code looks like for that section. It seems to be referencing a list from somewhere else (the items in the drop-down menu don't appear here). Can anyone help me locate them?

(P.S. I understand some of you may suggest contacting the web design team to fix this. But I am trying to learn as much as I can about cPanel, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.) THANK YOU!

Code:
      <td>How Did You Here About Us<br />
      <div class="options2">
          <select name="how_did_you_here_about_us">
            <option value="">on...</option>
            <?php foreach (getListOptions('members', 'how_did_you_here_about_us') as $value => $label): ?>
              <option value="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($value); ?>" <?php selectedIf(htmlspecialchars($value), htmlspecialchars(@$_REQUEST['how_did_you_here_about_us'])); ?> >
                <?php echo htmlspecialchars($label); ?>
              </option>
            <?php endforeach; ?>
          </select>
      </div>
        </td>

2. 1linweb

1linweb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would think that sorting the foreach array could work ( PHP: sort - Manual )

Code:
    foreach (getListOptions('members', 'how_did_you_here_about_us') as $value => $label):
    What cpanel version are you using? Which theme? What page is that dropdown on?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You will likely receive more input on this topic on a forum dedicated to the discussion of web design. This forum is primarily intended for the discussion of matters related to the cPanel/WHM software.

Thank you.

4. John123Drury

John123Drury Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    OK Thank you. I'll try over there.