jwhite99

Registered
Dec 22, 2016
USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey guys!

So i recently bought cPanel and put it on my dedicated server. Everything works fine as my main domain is currently visible and working! NOW, with my dedicated server, I also purchased a SECOND IP Address.

-- 1st IP address is tied to my main domain.
-- 2nd IP is what I want to use for a second domain.

I see multiple tutorials online, but I am not sure which one to follow, because I am afraid of messing my server up.

What I've done so far:
-------------------------------
1) I added my 2nd IP address in WHM, (Home --> IP Functions --> Add a New IP Address)
2) I added my Addon Domain in cPanel.

It's the third step I am having issues with, how do I tie that domain in cPanel, to the IP address I added in WHM?

Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Happy holidays to everyone ;)

J

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
What I've done so far:
-------------------------------
1) I added my 2nd IP address in WHM, (Home --> IP Functions --> Add a New IP Address)
2) I added my Addon Domain in cPanel.

It's the third step I am having issues with, how do I tie that domain in cPanel, to the IP address I added in WHM?
Hello,

You can remove the domain name as an addon domain name and create a separate cPanel account for it via:

Create a New Account - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Then, assign it the different IP address via:

Change a Site's IP Address - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Otherwise, if you prefer to keep an addon domain name, you can follow the instructions at:

How to Assign Dedicated IP Addresses to Subdomains - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thanks!

Reactions: SysSachin