The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing cPanel account password

Discussion in 'Security' started by Nathanialtoo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Nathanialtoo

Nathanialtoo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey there, I had two questions, I was hoping one of you could answer for me :)

When changing the password for a user account in cPanel, what is the max password? When the checkbox is checked to change the MySQL password as well, I'm assuming this will break database connections and I'll need to update any software's configurations to reestablish connection, correct? What is the max password for MySQL as well?

I have a thing for 100+ character passwords, and just wanted to make sure, before I take a forum with 600+ users online at a time offline.

Thank you :)

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In changing your password and ticking that box you're not changing the password for the forum database. You change that password in the MySQL Databases area. (And then of course you'd edit your forum config to use that new password)
    Changing your cPanel account password will not have any effect on your forum.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    BTW, just to add here that I removed your other thread as a Duplicate thread. You posted twice.