The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing default email address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Gnomercy, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Gnomercy

Gnomercy Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

We've recently migrated 2 servers from Ensim to Cpanel and I've been presented with a question that I don't know how to fix.

I have a customer that wants to blackhole all unrouted email that comes to their domain, but they use the admin user email. I tried changing the default address to another email and then forwarding that email address to site_blackhole@domain.com but email addressed to adminuser@domain.com is being forwarded to that new default, as if it's an unrouted email address, and is consequently being /dev/null 'd. Anyone know why this is happening or how to work around it?

2. supportbytes

supportbytes Member

Hi,

Create a separate POP3 account 'adminuser@domain.com', then blackhole the default adminuser.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need to create a new Mail account called adminuser@domain.com (seems silly, but it's a cPanel quirk) and have the user use that as their email account login. Then set their Default Address to :blackhole: and you should be all set.