The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Domain Password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkrusick, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jkrusick

jkrusick Member

Am using Cpanel 6 and my domain password got compromised and I've been trying to change it without any luck. On the CPanel I go to Account Settings|Change Password which brings up a Change password dialog box. It requires "Old Password", "New Password", and "New Password (Again)" entries which I do. Then I click on the "Change Password" control and after a few moments, the following message comes up:

"Here is the result of your request

Attempting Frontpage Password change
    Found service.pwd!
    Changed Frontpage Password
    Your password has been changed! "

Am not sure what the Frontpage Password has to do with the request to make a Domain Password Change, but if that's the way the CP does it, no problem. However, the Domain Password does not get changed. Reading the Cpanel 6 manual, the procedure they set forth is different than the one that is available.

Any ideas from anyone???

Thank you in advance

Joe Krusick

2. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

Front has nothing to do with your passwords. However if frontpage is installed on your account, the passwords frontpage uses to make changes and everything is sync with you main password. When you change your account password, frontpage passwords are also changed to make sure everything stays working together.

The message you got is just saying it successfully updated the frontpage passwords.

If you are unable to change your password, you should contact your hosting provider and tell them what happened, with some identification verification they can easily change your sites password for you.