Changing from multi domain certificate to AutoSSL question

nick122147

Sep 9, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have installed a multi domain certificate and would like to change to autoSSL. How can I change to autoSSL, with minimal "downtime" without any certificate?

There seems to be an option to wait until 3 days before the installed certificate will expire. But are there other ways to do it?

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You would need to go to manage SSL hosts and delete the existing host the run autossl on that domain.

If you are using the default cpanel provider it will take around 20 minutes however if you switch to letsencrypt in most cases the issuance is immediate.

nick122147

Sep 9, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks. If I wait for the automatic update to AutoSSL to kick in 3 days before the current certificate one is expiring, will there also be a 20 minutes downtime (with the cpanel default autossl)?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks. If I wait for the automatic update to AutoSSL to kick in 3 days before the current certificate one is expiring, will there also be a 20 minutes downtime (with the cpanel default autossl)?
Hello @nick122147,

The new certificate from AutoSSL isn't installed until the domain control validation process completes. Thus, it won't remove the existing expiring certificate until the new one is ready.

Thank you.