The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing from one server to another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bazz, Mar 12, 2002.

1. bazz

bazz Member

Hi are there any problems moving account from one server to another both use whm also moving reseller account
    thanks all in advance bazz

2. zex

zex Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I didn't expirience any problems with transfering accoutns around :)
    I transfered about 800 accounts from one server to another :p

3. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Hi- apologies for resurrecting this thread.
    :p

I could use some feedback if anyone has actually moved resellers (w/50 to 200 accounts, things like that), from box to box. For instance:

a) do their nameserver IPs get yanked and all of the zones, named config pulled to the new server (provided they are on the same network) ?

b) when you transfer a reseller, it automatically grabs all of the accounts underneath it and takes them with it? And their IPs? All the site files/databases/zones/carts/logs ?

c) when the transfer is complete, the reseller profile is completely intact on the new server, including how many resources it has already used / accounts already configured? And what happens to the reseller center on the other end, does their profile vanish forever?

I know I need to test this behind the scenes in a non-destructive environment- I was just curious if anyone had some REAL LIFE experiences with this. Is there a thread somewhere I'm missing?

Thank you.
    ;)

4. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I believe that WHM does not transfer resellers at all. You have to transfer the accounts individually (or use the multiple account transfer feature), create the new reseller on the new box, and then 'move' them back under control of the reseller account.

Unless I'm just totally missing the boat on this one (maybe there is something I missed?) Anyway, when I transferred a reseller's account, I had to do it all like I stated above. It's a little bit of a pain, but it worked.