MichaelW.

May 31, 2018
Sweden
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello!

I am wondering about changing the PHP ini through WHM (Software > MultiPHP INI Editor).

If I change any values in this tab, will it come into immediate effect on all the cPanel accounts that we have hosted on our WHM server?

And if, is it only the changed values that go into effect on all accounts, or will all the fields values be changed?

Thanks!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
HI @MichaelW.

Modifying the PHP ini through WHM>>Software>>MultiPHP INI Editor will take place immediately for the version of PHP which you are modifying it, it will not automatically change settings you did not modify.

I hope that helps!

Reactions: MichaelW.

Jun 3, 2008
Perfect! Thanks a bunch!
yes!, from WHM changes take effect inmediatlly, but WHERE is the file?, because
Code:
/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc/php.ini
no't is the file.

Last edited:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@000 - the /opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc/php.ini is the correct path for the PHP 7.4 configuration. If your server doesn't have PHP 7.4 installed or if you're using the CloudLinux versions of PHP, the path would be slightly different. Can you let me know what problems you're seeing with that file?

Jun 3, 2008
@000 - the /opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc/php.ini is the correct path for the PHP 7.4 configuration. If your server doesn't have PHP 7.4 installed or if you're using the CloudLinux versions of PHP, the path would be slightly different. Can you let me know what problems you're seeing with that file?
Thanks CpRex, my Q is about location of the file.ini "GENERAL".

Yes, my server have the file /opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/etc/php.ini, php 7.3, and 7.2

but...
where is located the "ini general" ?

by example PHP have DISABLED: exec,passthru,shell_exec,system
but any file.ini show:

disable_functions = EMPTY

again,
thanks by your answer

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
With the MultiPHP system, there is no longer on general configuration file as each version of PHP has a unique file.

You could locate the specific file being loaded for your version by creating a PHP info page with the code below and then visiting the page in a browser. Just create a file named phpinfo.php with the following content:

Code:
<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>
and one of the details on the page will the the Loaded Configuration File.