The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Main Domain

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by calex, Dec 31, 2008.

1. calex

calex Registered

I used the search feature and went through some threads regarding the changing of domains. None of the solutions posted worked for me. I have a reseller account and was building a website under an unused domain. I have now completed the build, and would like to display the website under it's real domain.

Under the WHM I do not have a link for "Modify an Account". In addition, in cPanel I only have the following links under Domains: Subdomains, Addon Domains, Parked Domains, and Redirects.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. calex

calex Registered

Problem solved. The company that provides me the reseller account does not allow for domain name changes. They only allow this for dedicated servers. I will now be required to backup the site and restore it under a new cPanel account.

3. apscinsspl

apscinsspl Well-Known Member

You can just ask your hosting company from where you bought the account to change the domain name for you, its just a matter of few minutes for them.

4. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Changing of domain names from WHM is so easy. Please ask your hosting provider to change the domain names on behalf of you. You do not require to take the backup of your websites. It is just a matter of two minutes!!

5. calex

calex Registered

I tried this method already and they stated that they are not allowed to make the domain changes.

I've made a new account and I'm trying to upload the home directory right now. The database worked nice and easy, however, the home directory is having some issues. The compressed file is 54.3mb and I don't know if the system is timing out or what?

After I upload the home directory it waits for maybe 3 minutes then shows a page of /x3/backup/doupload.html and it's a blank white page with a "Restoring files" icon in the upper left. There is nothing else on the page and my /index still shows no files inside.

Any ideas?

6. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

It may be timing out due to large size of files. If possible then first extract your files in the local machine and then try to upload them one by one using simple FTP software.

7. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Soultion

It seems to be that your hosting provider do not allow to upload the large files by using cPanel. You can upload the compressed file by using any FTP client software like FileZila,Ws_Ftp etc and ask your hosting provider to restore the compressed file under your hosting account. There is no need to upload the files one by one your hosting company support team will be restore compressed file within few minutes for you. :)