Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Changing Main IP Address Issue

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by jazee, Nov 10, 2017.

1. jazee

jazee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have a strange issue I've never run into before and hoping someone can shed some light because Cpanel support has yet to figure this out.

So after launching a VPS and installing Cpanel I received a second IP (call it Addr B) for DDoS protection. I then ran the IP migration to switch everything to the new IP. I believe this was while the original IP (call it Addr A) was still on the primary interface (etho0) and the second one was on eth:0:0. Since I was no longer using the Addr A, I swapped interfaces. Everything was working fine, except, at the top it's showing Trial License, but with Addr B. I verified Addr B has a valid non-trial license. I also noted in Support Center at the bottom, it's showing Addr A.

Here's the issue I'm having. When Addr B is set as primary (eth0), WHM fetches the license as the Addr A address for some reason. See the curl result below followed by the network interface. This means it fetches the trial license for Addr A. When I flip it around so Addr B is on eth0:0 WHM fetches the correct license for Addr B but I can't issue support tickets as the server fails validation. Basically I can issue support tickets with the trial license only. I need to figure out how to fix this so I can have my valid license AND issue support tickets, in other words figure out how to get the Support Center IP address to be listed as Addr B instead of the original Addr A. I'm guessing it may have something to do with the fact I issued my first WHM generated support ticket when I was on the trial licens of Addr A.

[root@rn1 ~]# curl http://www.cPanel.com/showip.cgi
    {Addr A - Trial License}

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet {Addr B - Real License} netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    inet6 fe80::216:3cff:fe1b:d31c prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>
    inet6 2604:180:1:d47::e2c3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x0<global>
    ether 00:16:3c:1b:d3:1c txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)
    RX packets 17941 bytes 1097574 (1.0 MiB)
    RX errors 0 dropped 28 overruns 0 frame 0
    TX packets 165 bytes 191650 (187.1 KiB)
    TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

eth0:0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    inet {Addr A - Trial License} netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    ether 00:16:3c:1b:d3:1c txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet)

Top of WHM Shows:

Trial License
    Server IP: {Address B - Real License}

WHM Support Center shows at bottom:

IP Address: {Address A - Trial License}

As I said if I switch it around so Addr A (Trial) is on etho0 and Addr B (Real) is on etho0:0 I get:

[root@rn1 ~]# curl http://www.cPanel.com/showip.cgi
    {Addr B - Real License}

Trial License message in WHM disappears

WHM Support Center still shows at bottom:

IP Address: {Address A - Trial License}

2. jazee

jazee Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...