The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing master/reseller account

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by nommo, May 3, 2007.

1. nommo

nommo Member

Hi all,

I have a reseller account with a host. The domain we originally set up as the master/reseller account has been moved to another server (the business needed more space and additional disk-space from the host was too expensive). Let's call it master1.com.

So just after the new year we moved master1.com from host A to host B, which went without a hitch - apart from IMAP folders now being subdirs of the INBOX!? (the new host just imported data and settings for us).

Anyway - the other reseller accounts on host A started to have problems sending mail to master1.com, so I tried removing the DNS for in WHM for master1.com on host A. I imagine that solved the DNS/email problems, but now I don't strictly have a master/reseller account, as master1.com has completely gone from WHM. When I use the IP or another domain to access cpanel, I am able to log in, but it says in the pulldown menu 'yourdomain.com - (master1)' - it also says "MySQL Databases - Sorry, your Cpanel Config file is missing your dns info. / 5'

So all is good. Except that when I contact our host and ask them to transfer master account status to one of the other domains (master2.com let us say) in the reseller package - they respond:

I don't want to restore master1.com - I want to set up one of the other domains hosted on the reseller account as the master account. Is it possible for me or the host to do this?

It seems like a fairly simple thing to do - but what do I know... :rolleyes:

2. nommo

nommo Member

Aha! My host did sort it out.. cool!

He sent this:

:D