Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Changing nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Final-Solution, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Final-Solution

Final-Solution Well-Known Member

I got two nameservers set up in the WHM settings, but I cant see where to change the IPs since I've had to move the server, i see buttons that say 'Assign IP address' and 'Add an A entry for this domain' but it says it already has an IP address and wont let me change it =-0 i'm a total newbie so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. pkuk

pkuk Well-Known Member

Try looking at your registrar for the domain part of the name server, most offer a facility to modify the IPs assigned to your nameservers there.

3. Final-Solution

I can change the IPs with the registrar, but don't i need to change them in WHM first? Under Server Setup /& Edit Setup I have the primary and secondary nameservers already set up from before, but when I click 'Assign IP Address' it says, &Sorry, the nameserver ns1.website.com already has the ip 209.51.241.120 assigned to it. & . . don't I need to change the IP to the new ones there before I change it with the registrar?

Thanks for suggestions :)

4. pkuk

pkuk Well-Known Member

Yes, you will need to update the ip at the registrar first, whm will then update once the new ip has propagated, which can take a few days...

5. Final-Solution

thanks

thanks for the help! it did the trick . . after changing with the registrar it shows up in WHM :) woohoo! that was easy enough :)