Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Changing package names to include "owner_"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redham, Oct 31, 2009.

1. redham

redham Member

Hi,

I added several new packages to include a new feature (R1Soft backup direct access) that I only want to be available to clients who pay for the service.

where I messed up is that I didn't include the prefix "root_" to the package name. Without this prefix all of my resellers can assign these packages to their clients without paying for the new feature.

I guess I'm lazy because I want to simply change the package name instead of recreating every new package but WHM doesn't allow changing the package name in it's "Package Edit" function.

I found where cPanel stores the package files at "/var/cpanel/packages". I also know that the version 11 of cPanel can be a bit testy when you make changes directly to it's file system.

QUESTION: Can I simply change the file names of the packages from (for example) "Starter w R1Soft" to "root_Starter w R1Soft" in the file location:
    /var/cpanel/packages?

cPanel version: cPanel 11.24.5-S38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 5.3 x86_64

P.S.
    It would be great if the option to change the package name was added to the "Edit" feature in WHM.

Thanks for your help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...