SOLVED Changing Password Length?

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Dear,

I'm afraid, I don't want to change a password right now, I would like to ask that question it's good an idea than alone doing.

Can we change password length on WHM and cPanel to here,

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you confirm if you are asking if it's possible to create an account with a password with that many characters? If so, yes you can use a password with 2,048 characters.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I'm talking about WHM/Root and cPanel change for password length. If possible to up 2,048 Length? Not create a cPanel account.
Are you referring to the "WHM >> Password Strength Configuration" option, or just changing the password?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

It's not possible to define a minimum character length using that feature. I encourage you to open a feature request if that's something you'd like to see added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

Thanks!

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

It's not possible to define a minimum character length using that feature. I encourage you to open a feature request if that's something you'd like to see added to the product:

Submit A Feature Request

Thanks!
I understand, I can change password characters to 2.048 from WHM > Change Root Password + Change cPanel Password?

If don't have feature, I will create a feature.

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Yes, you can use 2,048 characters when changing a password through cPanel or WHM.

Thank you.
Sorry for forgetting about this.

One question more.

WHM/Root & cPanel can change up to 2.048 lengths, but if Include is supported in WHM/cPanel?

Include Symbols: ( e.g. @#$% )
Include Numbers: ( e.g. 123456 )
Include Lowercase Characters: ( e.g. abcdefgh )
Include Uppercase Characters: ( e.g. ABCDEFGH )
Include Similar Characters: ( e.g. i, l, 1, L, o, 0, O )
Include Ambiguous Characters: ( { } [ ] ( ) / \ ' " ` ~ , ; : . < > )

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
but if Include is supported in WHM/cPanel?
I'm not sure this question is clear, but assuming you're asking if you can include those other character examples, why not just try and use one or more of them and see if cPanel flags it as no good? I'm fairly sure those are all valid characters to use.

Reactions: Sametto Chan

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I'm not sure this question is clear, but assuming you're asking if you can include those other character examples, why not just try and use one or more of them and see if cPanel flags it as no good? I'm fairly sure those are all valid characters to use.
It is working to up 2.048 lengths! I just changed a password on WHM/Root after logout, then login to WHM was successful. :)