The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing password not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by panas, Aug 8, 2010.

1. panas

panas Registered

Hello,
    I can login with my current password into my site cpanel but when I try to change password, it doesn't save the new one.
    I follow the tutorial, I click on "change password" I write my old and new ones and I click "Change your password now" then it shows "Show Raw Password Change" but new password doesn't work and still the old password is working.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If the change password tool in your cPanel isn't operating as expected you should contact your host for assistance with this. Short of that you might try clearing your cache or try another browser just to narrow down the problem a bit if possible.

3. panas

panas Registered

sry for posting in wrong section

I tried everything, new password doesn't want to get active, it keeps using the old password no matter what I do. I tried from different windows and same thing. Is there special commands I can try?

I followed this video tutorial " Change Password " but I don't get the successfully changed password message, it just gives me "Show Raw Password Change"

4. panas

panas Registered

help me please

5. panas

panas Registered

Any one from CPANEL Staff can answer my question please?

6. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Do you have "root" (Administrator) access to the server? That is, are you able to login via SSH or WHM while using a username of "root" with applicable password?

If you do have root access, which is required for us to inspect the server and diagnose the issue, please submit a support request so that we may assist with investigation.

If you do not have root access, please escalate the issue to your upstream server or hosting service provider so that the difficulty can be investigated and properly diagnosed.

You may be able to determine who your cPanel license provider is, which might be the same as your data center or applicable upstream server hosting vendor, by using the following resource: Where should I go for support? - cPanel Inc.