The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Primary IP Address....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maxhost, Mar 3, 2002.

1. maxhost

maxhost Well-Known Member

hi all,
    is it possible to change Primary IP Address in &Edit Setup& to another IP without creating problems.

Since there a many Accounts on the current IP (shared IP) i like to chage it so that new accounts going to another IP.
    And do i need to change anything else?

Thanks

PS: I do this on an CPanel3 server with RedHat 6.2 and it works fine...

2. jumpdomain

jumpdomain Well-Known Member

Last time I did this it did not create a problem since it only changes the IP in the /etc/wwwacct.conf... Don't know if that has changed though...

3. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

You need to notify the distributor that provides your licensing, because the authorization of the license hinges on the base IP (and hostname) of the machine in question staying constant.

otherwise...
    when this is all said and done, run /scripts/ipcheck to make sure all is well, and you should be set.

4. Curt

Curt Well-Known Member

OK, I ran /scripts/ipcheck both before and after the IP change in the /etc/wwwacct.conf file and both times it just gives me my two email addresses back, nothing else.

Also what is the differenct in chaging the IP in the /etc/wwwacct.conf or just changing it in the edit setup menu. When you change it in the /etc/wwwacct.conf file it also seems to change it in the edit set up menu?

Has anyone done this without creating any problems. I am basically trying not to use my main server IP as the shared IP address's for virtual IP accounts.

Thanks!