The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing the password with less restrictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ensermo, Aug 26, 2004.

1. ensermo

ensermo Active Member

Hi,

Would it be possible to change the way cpanel lets users change their passwords?

I have some users that are complaining about CPanel not accepting any of their passwords. I've also tried sometimes and I must admit that sometimes its really a pain to have it to accept a password.

And I know I know. Passwords should be very good and strict and with lots of strange characters but I just want to know if it is possible.

Is it possible to let Cpanel users change their password without (or less) restrictions? Wich script, php file or setting in WHM could I change this?

2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I agree. I think that it should be an option to use restrictive settings. Of course, the restrictions are there for a reason and will help prevent problems in the future. To be honest, some customers are such dolts, they would use the same password as the username. So, this feature protects against that type of stupidity, but it does go a bit further, I agree.

3. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

I would never even dream of turning restrictive passwords off. What happens if someone guesses your client's easy to use password, uploads a spam script and unloads 70,000 emails from your server? :p