Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing WHM Hostname Question

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by a.rayman, Apr 5, 2018.

1. a.rayman

a.rayman Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I am trying to change the main domain name for the WHM, as well as the nameservers. The old domain should be removed completely, and instead, the new domain should be used.

So far, I have updated the reverse DNS from my server provider and updated the nameservers from Home »Server Configuration »Basic WebHost Manager® Setup.

But I can still see that the WHM SSL is still using the old domain, and when going into newdomain.com/whm it would redirect to the old domain whm login page.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

You will first have to make sure that the new hostname is indeed displayed in the WHM also..
    After that is done, you will have to reset the SSL on the services and then autossl will issue a new one on the new domain and install it..

For more information, refer to the below link:
    Manage AutoSSL - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

3. a.rayman

a.rayman Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have now updated the hostname from Home »Networking Setup »Change Hostname.

I don't see an option anywhere to reset/restart SSL. I can see the "Comodo Free Hostname SSL" is still tied to the old domain in the SSL Storage Manager. Do I need to remove it so that it regenerates? I don't have AutoSSL enabled (never have IIRC).

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @a.rayman

The hostname SSL is not provided by the AutoSSL service.

You can view and manage the SSL by going to WHM>>Service Configuration>>Manage Service SSL certificates.

If you are able to access the server via CLI you can run

/usr/local/cpanel/checkallsslcerts

To provision a new certificate now that you've modified the hostname of the server.

If not, from the WHM>>Service Configuration>>Manage Service SSL certificates UI you can reset the certificate and a new one will be provisioned automatically.

You may want to also look over our documentation on this which can be found here:

Manage Service SSL certificates

Thank you,