The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charset problems with Horde

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Jun 9, 2006.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First, I must admit that I don't have much experience with different charsets, so this may be an easy issue to resolve or it may involve something that I just do not understand.

We have a client that is having problems sending e-mails through Horde using a different Charset. The user is wanting to send an e-mail to users using the Greek charset (ISO-8859-7). When the user composes the e-mail and sends it to the user, the user who is receiving the message just sees a bunch of question marks and # symbols, even if the encoding scheme on the recipient end is set to ISO-8859-7. If the user sends an e-mail through a regular POP client with the ISO-8859-7 charset, then the recipient receives the message fine. It appears to be some type of issue with Horde.

I tried to duplicate this issue, and I believe I have duplicated because I am unable to send Greek text using ISO-8859-7 through Horde (though again, I don't have much experience in dealing with this, so I could just be doing something wrong). Are there any known issues with Horde and Charsets? Does anyone know of any solutions?

This may be an issue for the Horde developers, but thought I would ask here first since I don't have much experience in dealing with these types of issues.

Thanks

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In case any body runs across this post and is experiencing the same issue, a Bugzilla entry for this issue is at:

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4087

If you are experiencing the same issues, I would recommend that you vote for this bug.