Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

chattr: Inappropriate AND No DSA Sig

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simplestar, Dec 5, 2005.

1. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm writing this post again because the first one didn't go through. An update was done CP yesterday and the results show a significant amount of issues pertaining to MySQL. Included below is a small excerpt taken from the summary. I have reverted from 'Release' back to Stable though the results are pretty much the same. There are no DSA sig keys and chattr: Inappropriate ioctl. Lastly, the thread stacks request and received did not match. I'm lost as to what I should do here and any advice/recommendation would really be appreciated.
    Thanks.

[Warning] Asked for 196608 thread stack, but got 126976

warning: /var/spool/cpupdates/MySQL-server-4.1.13-0.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5
    MySQL-server-4.1.13-0
    warning: /var/spool/cpupdates/MySQL-server-4.1.13-0.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /etc/init.d/mysql
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /etc/logrotate.d/mysql
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/isamchk
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/isamlog
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/my_print_defaults
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/myisam_ftdump
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/myisamchk
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/myisamlog
    chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /usr/bin/myisampack

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    looks like your on a VPS (normal if you are)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. simplestar

Hi Dalem,

Yes, you are right, I am on a VPS. Than you for the assurance on that error. Moving forward, I know the key can be added to the ring, though I'm concerned with what has/hasn't taken affect regarding the Sig Keys and Thread Stack mismatch, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you:)

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    have you installed yum ??
    rgisterd with redhat ??

imported the keys

dont know what OS your on :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. simplestar

Hi Dalem,

Thank you for your reply :) and sorry for my late one. The key issue has now been fixed. There was a problem with my site regarding DNS and resolving that's now sorted out.