The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Cpanel/Trustix Integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostingmetro, Sep 3, 2004.

1. hostingmetro

hostingmetro Active Member
    PartnerNOC

Currently, we use RHEL 3 with Cpanel. We pay about $76/month ($349 yearly RHEL 3 license and $565/year Cpanel). But I found that if you provide your own hosting, license for Cpanel/Trustix is $29.95 (which includes Cpanel and Trustix security updates) or $49.95/month (http://cpanel.trustix.com/pricing.html) if you get hosting from a 3rd party. I'm not affiliated with the company, just letting other hosting companies know of this great deal! I assume Cpanel gets something out of it since it's the only o/s on the homepage that is hyperlinked to their site :)

2. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Thanks god I found this. It's time to expand my local business.
    I am searching for a long time for cheap Cpanel external license. Anyone have an experience with trustix? Are all software design for redhat linux compatible with trustix?

3. hostingmetro

PartnerNOC

Hi,

It looks like they took the source of RHEL and changed it to their liking. The installation screen is the same except they replaced it with their text. It's very similar to CentOS/White Box Linux. The difference is there's only 1 installable CD. The removed the default root login via SSH and only allows Protocol 2. I'm trying to figure the system out. I can't even su to root even when I put that user as a wheel group :)

4. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Bad news. How to manage the server without root. LOL.

5. hostingmetro

PartnerNOC

I found out. You have to put yourself in the root group. Plus they use fcron instead of regular cron. Just minor changes here and there but not really a big deal...