The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check if start_background_pkgacct finished

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by migue76, Apr 15, 2016.

1. migue76

migue76 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello.

start_background_pkgacct backup an user account and returns an session ID. I can run this API and the backup finished successfully. The backup file is created and stored where I expect.

But I'm not able to check when pkgacct finished using any API function. I need to check this remotely through API.

Finally, API documentation says:
    -----
    The target system streams the output of this function with the/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/live_tail_log.cgi script on the source system.
    -----

But I couldn't find any documentation about what parameters to use with live_tail_log.cgi to pass the backup session ID and read the live state.

Any suggestion?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are no WHM API 1 functions available that allow you to view the status of the backup generation, or to check the live status of the backup generation, other than what's documented at:

Guide to Standardized Hooks - PkgAcct Functions - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

Feel free to open a feature request for what you are seeking via:

Submit A Feature Request

Note: While investigating this issue, I noticed an incorrect path on the following document:

WHM API 1 Functions - start_background_pkgacct - Software Development Kit - cPanel Documentation

It states:

I've opened a case with our documentation team to correct this, as the actual path is "pkgacct_sessions" as opposed to "pkg_sessions".

Thank you.

3. migue76

migue76 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your answer and information. I could solve my problem monitoring the backup log file.