checkallsslcerts and change hostname

Christian72arg

Registered
Apr 12, 2021
Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I would appreciate if someone can help me because I am very disoriented.
I have a dedicated server at Godaddy with 10 domains hosted using AutoSSL and I always use the hostname "s148-72-65-50.secureserver.net".
Suddenly "checkallsslcerts" tells me the error: "The system failed to acquire a signed certificate from the cPanel Store because of the following error: Neither HTTP nor DNS DCV preflight checks succeeded"

CPanel support told me that the hostname "s148-72-65-50.secureserver.net" would not be resolving the IP 148.72.65.50 and suggested that I change the hostname.

Check with Godaddy and they also told me to change the hostname.

I do not know the reason why this error began to appear, the hostname "s148-72-65-50.secureserver.net" is as always configured in the DNS Zone Manager, but now they tell me that the error would be resolved by changing the hostname.

I see the option to change the hostname of my server in Godaddy and also in WHM, but I don't know what would be a valid name.

I do not know if it can be a name invented at the moment, if I can choose one of those offered by random WHM, or if it must be an existing domain and my authorship (and hosted or not on my server). I do not know if it is possible to tell me a real example that I could use.

I don't know if someone could help me with this because I am afraid of putting a wrong name and suddenly not being able to access the entire server.

I have been using Godaddy VPS servers for many years and this is the first time this problem has happened to me.

Thank you very much

PS: Excuse the English, I am using a translator.

vacancy

Sep 20, 2012
Turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can use your own hostname address.

To do this, first create an A dns record with your server main ip address for any of your domains. Then replace it with the hostname address via whm. (example server.domain.com)

Cpanel will automatically create an SSL certificate to this hostname address.

Reactions: Christian72arg

Christian72arg

Registered
Apr 12, 2021
Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can use your own hostname address.

To do this, first create an A dns record with your server main ip address for any of your domains. Then replace it with the hostname address via whm. (example server.domain.com)

Cpanel will automatically create an SSL certificate to this hostname address.
Thank you for your answer. I created an A record for hostname.mydomain.com.

Just one more question. On the same server I have another 10 domains each one uses its own NS1.domain2.com, NS1.domain3.com, as mydomain has his own ns1.mydomain.com).

Changing the hostname of the server has nothing to do with it, does it? I should not make any other changes in the other domains.

Thanks again