The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chirpy.. need help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmbnet, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmbnet

rmbnet Well-Known Member

Hey Chirpy.. Here is the result of mailscanner nightly update.. help! :)
    This happened after a mailscanner upgrade on 2 servers.
    Any Ideas?

RulesDuJour Run Summary on server2.:

SARE Random Ruleset for SpamAssassin 2.5x and higher has changed on server2..
    Version line: # Version: 1.30.17

Ruleset for html coding abuse has changed on server2..
    Version line:

SARE Specific Ruleset has changed on server2.
    Version line: # Version: 01.03.08

SARE Spoof Ruleset for SpamAssassin has changed on server2..
    Version line: # Version: 1.08.01

SARE OEM Ruleset for SpamAssassin has changed on server2..
    Version line: # Version: 1.05.08

The following rules had 404 (not found) errors:
    Big Evil not found (404) at http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/bigevil.cf

***WARNING***: spamassassin --lint -c /usr/mailscanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf failed.
    Rolling configuration files back, not restarting SpamAssassin.
    Rollback command is: mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_random.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_random.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_random.cf.20051023-0855 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_random.cf; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_html0.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_html0.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_html0.cf.20051023-0855 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_html0.cf; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_specific.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_specific.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_specific.cf.20051023-0855 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_specific.cf; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_spoof.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_spoof.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_spoof.cf.20051023-0855 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_spoof.cf; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_oem.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_oem.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_oem.cf.20051023-0855 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_oem.cf;

Lint output: [3947] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
    [3947] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: razor_timeout 10
    [3947] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
    [3947] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: razor_timeout 10
    [3947] warn: lint: 4 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

2. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

DCC errors are more due to DCC being available as a plugin in 3.1.0.
    Had the same issue and could get over the same by uncommenting the same in v310.pre file 9or including the same in local.cf)

# DCC - perform DCC message checks.
    #
    # DCC is disabled here because it is not open source. See the DCC
    # license for more details.
    #
    loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

Thats what i did (i don't use mailscanner through) when similar thing happened when similar error creeped up when SA got upgraded to 3.1.0. Pl note that this is for non mailscanner box.

[EDIT}

Perhaps you could give a try by including the above in your configuration file (if not already there) and see if you get over the error.

[/EDIT]

Cheers
    Anup

#2 anup123, Oct 23, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  3. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yup, I haven't used bigevil for a very long time indeed. As for the errors, upgrade your installation using the latest script from our site. The issue is caused by SpamAssassin not bothering to make the new version backwards compatible with the previous versions settings.

5. rmbnet

rmbnet Well-Known Member

What installation are you referring to? I upgraded Mailscanner from your site and the errors started after that upgrade.. should I upgrade Mailscanner again?

Robert

6. jacks

jacks Active Member

Guys, why can't you do this through Chirpy's website. Why do you have to use this forum to get technical support about his software. I can't believe Chirpy who is a moderate, is using these forums to sell his services. This is a very unfair business practice.

7. rmbnet

rmbnet Well-Known Member

Look at my original post.. it's not his software .. he knows how to fix just about everything i've run into.. so I ask him.. he's not selling anything .. its a free install script..

Thanks

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes, upgrade again and if you still have problems, feel free to contact me through my site.

9. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You'll see from most of my posts which relate to MailScanner (which is free as Robert says) I will try and encourage people to either contact me through my site or name other solutions before MailScanner if asking about spam solutions.

If you have a problem with that, feel free to contact cPanel directly.

10. emechanic

emechanic Member

Chirpy started offering his scripts as a free service BEFORE he was a moderator. Not only that, his scripts are extremely utilitarian and provide an excellent resource that so far no one else provides. IF you purchase his INSTALL service you receive other benefits for mailscanner for cPanel intergration. I do believe he is quite qualified AND imho should be highly promoted here on this forum.

Just as he says in his previous reply, if you don't like that, contact cPanel and tell them how unfair you think it is.

#10 emechanic, Nov 12, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  11. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

what??????? if there is one thing Chirpy is he is **fair**. Have you bothered to look at how much time he spends helping all kinds of people on here? Have you seen his post count? even if he was getting rich on this forum I would say he deserves it!!!

#11 rpmws, Nov 12, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  12. FWC

FWC Well-Known Member

You should try having some idea what you are talking about before you attack one of the most helpful people in the CPanel community. :rolleyes:

13. Gareth

Gareth Well-Known Member

Simple answer he is not!!

He was asked a question about mailscanner and he answered it.

He did not say go and buy this, he did not start this thread, he did not mention anything about selling his services.

14. rmbnet

rmbnet Well-Known Member

and i for one certianly appreciate all his help.. :)

15. jacks

jacks Active Member

It is obvious that you are using MailScanner as one of the tools to market your services throughout these forums. If you wish to promote your services or software, why can't you use "Ads & Offers" forum???!!! It is unfair and a very bad business practice to use every forum as an advertisement area for your services or products. These are CPanel forums and not your own -- chirpy related products/services. You can create your forums on your web site.

16. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Chirpy I think I will help you "practice" some of your "bad business" and buy some services from you in a few minutes. Anyone else care to join me?

17. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    As has been stated. If you have an issue with this, feel free to register a complaint with cPanel directly. Considering how much he does for this forum (more then most) you're lucky he posts here and helps everyone.

As chirpy even stated he tries to encourage people to contact him off the forum and through his site. Last time I checked he was not powerfull enough to control the minds and hands of those that post here. In my opinion based on some of your past posts you seem to have something personal against chirpy to begin with.

Considering you're just trolling this thread and posting just to start something, and since the OP has recieved advise on this I see no further need for this thread to be open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.