The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chkservd hangs our website almost every hour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by virtualreality, Dec 4, 2014.

1. virtualreality

virtualreality Well-Known Member

Hi cPanel Team and Friends Here,

For a time until now, the cPanel chkservd hangs our VPS-cPanel-driven website in the first 5 minutes almost every hour!

cPanel chkservd and some other cpanel monitor system(s) use unbearable high CPU on our VPS, WHM, cPanel and website once at the beginning of almost every hour!

For other time in every hour, our VPS and website CPU load is pretty low so the website runs fast.

I've spent much time trying to solve this headache problem. In WHM Service Configuration »Service Manager, I disable all the TailWatch Drivers, disable all the services monitors, disable the whole tailwatchd, and I even had to disable rsyslogd and syslogd to expect to help reduce the almost every hour's high chkservd load.

From command lines, I removed chkservd in the /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf, and /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf contains as below:

clamd:0
    cpdavd:0
    dnsadmin:0
    entropychat:0
    interchange:0
    mailman:0
    pop:0
    rsyslogd:0
    spamd:0
    syslogd:0
    tailwatchd:0

Also, I had to remove the chkservd cron line ( service[crond]=x,x,x,/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/restartsrv_crond,crond,root ) in /etc/chkserv.d/crond .

And in WHM chkservd related Tweak Settings, I've found there are no ways to shut down the following:

The number of seconds between ChkServd service checks. (Minimum: 60; Maximum: 7,200)

The number of times ChkServd allows a previous check to complete before termination. (Minimum: 1; Maximum: 20)

Chkservd and some other cPanel monitoring/checking systems are unnecessarily, excessively strong in our website experiences, very frustrated. Very often, if we disable all ChkServd related aspects yesterday evening, some ChkServd functions will be "automatically" resumed after this early morning's cPanel daily update cron running.

Now we really want to know how to completely close the headache ChkServd funtions and make sure ChkServd and some other cPanel monitoring system(s) will not live again after daily cPanel update cron running.

Our VPS itself is stable and fast, never down in this year, always running.

We just want to get rid of the ChkServd trouble maker, and just want to run our website peacefully and stably.

Any help, advice and tip are wanted and appreciated!

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you opened a support ticket with us? chksrvd shouldn't be causing the performance problems you are reporting.

3. virtualreality

virtualreality Well-Known Member

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you very much for help!

I sent a ticket and got cPanel support.

Again, thank you and cPanel very much!

V.R.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Would you mind sharing the resolution on this thread in-case other users experience a similar issue?

Thank you.