The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chkservd, httpd, exim, etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by josh5183, Jul 26, 2003.

1. josh5183

josh5183 Registered

Jul 12, 2003
    I read through previous entries regarding this subject, but it seemed like nothing was ever resolved.

I've had two servers with cpanel/whm on them, and both had these same problems.

1. chkservd is started at 80 for runtime levels 3,4, 5, exim is started at 80, and mysql at 90. So, basically, chkservd starts, tests for mysql and exim ... and it ends up having to start them 'automagically'. Because of the annoyance of getting email everytime the machine reboots I changed "# chkconfig: 345 80 10 to "# chkconfig: 345 99 10" (in /etc/init.d/chkservd) so that chkservd starts last (after all the other servers are up and running).

2. apache is not supported by chkconfig because it doesn't contain chkconfig's description, runtime information, and start/stop order.

Is this just me, or is this some sort of bug? The fix for chkservd works fine, but when I fix apache, the next time a new cpanel/whm release comes out, it overwrites that file.

Josh Skidmore
    Charleston Web Company
    ---- Support Ticket Number: