The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clam AV and Cpanel 11 not working

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by infosec66, Apr 30, 2007.

1. infosec66

infosec66 Member

Upgraded to Cpanel 11 to mitigate risk found under 10, and now Clam AV does not work. It opens the screen like it will start a scan, but just sits at that point.

Any ideas how to fix ?

thank you

2. rone

rone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Why are you going to the Edge version of cPanel/WHM if you can't fix this tiny things by yourself? Just don't go to the test/develop level if you don't understand what you are doing. Take this advice and go back to Stable/Release/Current and just wait a few days because then these versions will also have cPanel 11 update.

3. infosec66

infosec66 Member

perhaps your standard response is not an attempt to insult. unfortunately you have failed.

Obviously I was looking for assistance, perhaps there are others who can provide assistance without insulting ones level of technical ability here.

Yes, this is a relative new area, obviously Cpanel 10 as known vulnerabilities and I happen to have found one where the solution was Cpanel 11.

Here I posed a question about Clam AV, did not slam anyone or insult anyone. Perhaps that was not your intent. Certainly in my area of expertise, I work hard to ensure I do not outwardly insult those who are attempting to obtain assistance.

Is there any techs on this forum who would care enough to actually provide help or assistance for the question I initially asked ?

I don't believe attitudes are helpful, but helping each other in areas where perhaps one has more expertise than the other is found to be helpful and certainly others can bring their skillsets to the table as well.

4. rone

rone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You indeed understand me totaly wrong and sory if you feel insulted. If I would do that and I can't find a reason why I would do that, I sure did it better. Don't get the feeling that someone insulted you if you don't like the answer you get. My advice was only: don't go on a level if you can't help yourself with simple problems. Then it is the best to stay on a safer level.
    I will leave your topic and whish you serious the best.

Oh and just a other advice, try to use the search option here on the forum you will find the answer of your problem.

#4 rone, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. infosec66

infosec66 Member

Problem resolved. Thank you CPANEL! Version 11 Rocks!!

6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Member

What was the solution ?

Thanks.