Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Clam AV -- How To Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmcpanel, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I noticed in my clamav log, that it says it's time to upgrade clam av. Can someone direct me to where I might learn how to upgrade it? I cannot seem to find help in the documentation of Clam, nor on the clamav.com web site.

2. 3w-hostconcept

3w-hostconcept Well-Known Member

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

...which may not be appropriate. It does depend on exactly where you currently have ClamAV installed. If the following:

whereis freshclam

comes back with /usr/bin/freshclam, then you can use that. However, if it comes back with /usr/local/bin/freshclam, then you should download the tarball and follow the INSTALL instructions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jdonoso

jdonoso Well-Known Member

Hi,

I did the whereis freshclam command to see my current install of clamav, but the following shows:

freshclam: /usr/bin/freshclam /etc/freshclam.conf /usr/local/bin/freshclam /usr/man/man1/freshclam.1

Does this mean I have 2 installations of clamav??? I remember I installed the clamav following normal instruction on site (http://www.clamav.net/), after which my vps provider installed the clamav-connector Add-on which according to them was necessary in order for it to work.

Anyways, my question is, if I have 2 installations? How do I Uninstall? If I'm ok and I only have 1 installation, then how do I upgrade to recent 0.81 version?

Thanks for your help.

#5 jdonoso, Jan 24, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.