Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Clam AV setup does not place link in cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uriel Castillo, Jun 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Uriel Castillo

Uriel Castillo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello, install CLAMAV by means of WHM without problems, and configure it for all users, but in my Cpanel does not appear any link to scan for viruses, I have the default theme for a long time, since when hiring my service dedicated server, had a bluehost theme, but I did not like it and remove it and leave the default one. I tried to do a scan through ssh with the command "clamscan -ri" but it indicated to me that the command did not exist ... What can I do if it is already correctly installed and configured to appear in the Cpanel, or to be able to do it via ssh ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Uriel Castillo,

The "Virus Scanner" option should appear in cPanel upon installing the ClamAV plugin. If you don't see it, check to ensure the Virus Scanning feature is enabled in the feature list associated with the account using WHM >> Feature Manager.

When scanning for viruses via the command line, you need to use the direct path to the clamscan binary. For example:

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/clamscan
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Uriel Castillo

Uriel Castillo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thansk, now appears in the Cpanel, thank you very much ... And yes, I was on that route, I could see that there were clamav files, but I kept saying that I could not find the command, search the web and made a symbolic link to the directory

/ usr / local / bin

And now I can use the command no matter which directory is on the server, was that good?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Yes, it's acceptable to setup the symbolic links.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...