Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

ClamAV/ASSP and high memory usage - a fix and a question

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by raindog308, May 26, 2012.

1. raindog308

raindog308 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I installed ASSP Deluxe for my anti-spam needs, and as part of that setup I enabled ClamAV.

I found clamd taking 272m of RAM, which is a pretty big chunk of memory for my VPS. After some research, I found this:

Tweaking ASSP deluxe for cPanel

Adding vps=1 to the signatures.php cron job dropped memory down to 138m, which is more reasonable. I thought I'd post here in case that helps anyone else.

Of course it's a trade of memory for less thorough scanning. I'm wondering if there is a way to do a periodic scan with the expanded signatures, while use the more memory-friendly base signatures for clamd and incoming mail?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...