The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ClamAV Connector, Need to Send Warning to Recipient

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Drake, May 8, 2010.

1. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2001
    New Jersey
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am successfully using ClamAV connector on servers. It works fine. The sender gets a bounce back warning of the dangerous content he sent.

However the recipient gets nothing.

We need to get the recipient of the harnmful e-mail to receive the e-mail, including the sender & subject, stripped of the dangerous content or all content, but replaced with a warning that his incoming e-mail contained harmful content that was removed due to danger. At least Recipient will know he is being protected, and that ClamAV connector is working. Much like spamassassin does a subject re-write to include th spam alert.

We've upgraded to the latest verseio of CPanel/WHM, then also uninstalled & reinstalled ClamAV, but to no avail.

Maybe I am missing something here in the configuration?

I remember that years ago, the at least recipient got an e-mail with a warning that the content was stripped due to harmful content, and the message also specified a path on the server, for the server admin (me) to access the quarantined harmful e-mail, in case the recipient needed me to get him a copy of it.

We can definitely use some advice from a CPanel Guru to deal with this issue.