Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

ClamAV creating foldersssss in /tmp directory.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SuperBaby, Dec 16, 2004.

1. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    Every few seconds I see folders in the format below created (but not automatically deleted after that). They contains large virus definition files main.db and main.hdb.
    My /tmp folder is 250Mb. After I manually deleted those folders, it got full again after a few minutes.

I can see other files also being created under /tmp but they are automatically deleted after a while.

What went wrong?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

maybe the defs aren't updating properly ? how much free space do you have on your /tmp ? maybe the definitions aren't downloading fully ? Whats df -h report for space available on /var and /tmp ? Any problems when running freshclam manually from shell ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SuperBaby

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    Although the ClamAV installation is outdated, I don't think it is the reason the /tmp folder got full, right???

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

It might well be. I'd go ahead and update that install if i were you, usually you won't get new definitions with older versions.

5. SuperBaby

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    Thanks Beau. I will do that.

Meanwhile, SM tech staff has added a crontab to delete those folders and I think it has temporarily fixed the case.