cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I haven't seen any other reports of the updates failing today that are related to ClamAV. I wonder if you just happened to connect at the wrong time and there was an issue with their mirrors. Can you please run "/scripts/upcp --force" again to see if you encounter the same problem?

Zardiw

Sep 22, 2017
Palm Springs
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I did enter your command in the terminal.........but when I saw what it was doing I killed the browser.....no other way to stop it that I could see.
Hope I didn't screw everything up.

Z

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
At this point the update is running and there isn't a way to stop it. You'll just need to let is complete, and once it is done that license warning will go away.

If the OS doesn't support the new version, the update just won't be successful.

Zardiw

Sep 22, 2017
Palm Springs
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Ok....back to normal. We're running Cent OS 6.10 ........fwiw

And the reason we don't like to update/upgrade is because there are invariably problems........and we can't afford the downtime.

Plus, upgrading requires us to reload Cent OS to v7 ......which:
1. We don't like
2. Requires an entire server reinstall.......which is nuts......fwiw

Z

Zardiw

Sep 22, 2017
Palm Springs
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
We do have another server on the LAG (latest and greatest).......however.....

You all forced us to use your new theme.....which we absolutely hate....it's ugly...... and it hurts our eyes....do you have a 'dark' version?

Just one example of why we don't like upgrading....fwiw

Z

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm glad that's working well. I can't recommend that any CentOS 6 machine be in service at this point, as there are many known security issues. It would be best to get that moved over to an AlmaLinux 8 machine, or at least consider converting the machine to CloudLinux 6 Extended Support.

We are working on a dark theme for Jupiter, although I don't have any type of time frame as to when that will be released.