junglecat

Jul 6, 2004
When restarting exim, I get this:

[email protected] [~]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim restart
Shutting down clamd: [ OK ]
Shutting down exim: [ OK ]
Shutting down antirelayd: [ OK ]
Shutting down spamd: [ OK ]
Starting clamd: LibClamAV Warning: ********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html ***
LibClamAV Warning: ********************************************************
[ OK ]
Starting exim: [ OK ]
Starting exim-smtps: [ OK ]
Starting antirelayd: [ OK ]
Starting spamd: [ OK ]
I went to clamav.net but got lost. How do I fix this? Idiot instructions, please.

junglecat

Jul 6, 2004
I went to clamav.net and couldn't figure out how to upgrade it. I have no idea if it was installed as a package or from source. Is there a way to find out?

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
This is weird. :confused:

[~]# rpm -q clamav
package clamav is not installed
No, it is not weird. The cPanel does NOT use the RPM package for ClamAv. Update your cPanel: /scripts/upcp --force
Login to the WHM, un-install and then re-install ClamAv.

mctDarren

Jan 6, 2004
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not really, just means you're probably using the clamavconnector. Before I put you on this path, let me first recommend getting a true admin to do this for you!

Ok - having given you the warning: Check in /usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/ for a clamavconnector directory. If it's there, you can then wget the new version into that directory to install it.

Code:
cd /usr/local/cpanel/modules-install/clamavconnector*
wget http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/clamav/clamav-0.88.7.tar.gz
Next you need to edit the install script in that same directory and update the "AVV=" line to reflect the 0.88.7 version. Then you can run the install script.

Code:
./install
If you wait a bit, they'll have it upgrade automatically within your nightly upcp script run I'm sure. That warning is only telling you that the updates available for the clam signatures are for a new version, not that yours is no longer working. :)

DaveT

Aug 20, 2004
Is clamavconnecter still being maintained?

Hi,

If you wait a bit, they'll have it upgrade automatically within your nightly upcp script run I'm sure.
I wouldn't bank on that - 0.88.5 is the latest version available via the clamavconnector AFAIK - I've been waiting for over a month for that to be updated...

Can one of the cPanel staff comment on whether clamavconnector is still being maintained (since it's now way out of date)?

Thanks,
Dave.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Security 3
keat63 Security 1
P Security 6
C Security 4
S Security 2