Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

clamavconnector / exim problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abcc, Feb 12, 2006.

1. abcc

abcc Member

It would appear the Current build has issues with ClamAVConnector - no mail coming through exim is being scanned.

I can confirm ClamAV is installed, and running (can scan through the CPanel interface), and the /etc/antivirus.exim filter is in the exim config, however, nothing is being blocked (as verified by using the eicar test virus). (http://www.webmail.us/testvirus)

Does anyone have a solution? Have already tried uninstalling / installing.

Andy

2. Replicant

Replicant Registered

I got a simular problem, i installed the clamav connector, it worked fine untill i manually copied backup mails to an user /home/user1/mail directory. Exim works but all mail that arrives got problems with clamav, the users that sended the mail didn't also receive a mail. If you ask me, don't use clamav, it's VERY beta. After uninstalling it, everything worked back to normal.

3. freedman

freedman Well-Known Member

Definitely use clamav.. it'll save you heartache in the long run.

Check your /etc/groups file.. make sure clamav is in the mail group.

if it's there, watch your exim_mainlog and exim_errorlog while you send some messages and they'll direct you to the problem.