The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clamavconnector works in cPanel but not scanning email automatically.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by SuperBaby, Jul 4, 2007.

1. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    I have searched through this Forum but failed to find any answer.

After a few years, my MailScanner somehow refused to work. It no longer scanned emails. So I decided to uninstall it after failing to fix it.

I then installed clamavconnector under WHM >> Addons. I configured it to scan both emails and web contents.

I tested scanning my website contents and email through cPanel and it worked perfectly. It found 3 viruses in my website.

But I don't see it scanning emails automatically. I tried sending eicar.com file from my Outlook and receiving it also in Outlook. The file was still delivered. When I looked at the header of the email, there was no virus scan remark.

1. Is this normal? How do I get it to scan all incoming and outgoing emails in my server automatically?

2. How do I update clamav? I still have the old clamav installed but I understand that clamavconnector is using its own copy of clamav.

Here is my clamav.conf file:

2. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
  3. trollmann

trollmann Registered

Thank you!

I've been struggling with this for many hours now after cPanel upgrade. My problem: Everything but anti-virus was working just fine. I reinstalled the avscanner plugin, but that did not help. When I manually ran /usr/sbin/clamd, I got errors in /etc/clamd.conf. After adjusting a couple of values clamd started, but it was not scanning mail.

I did what you pointed at here, and now everything works as a charm. After the cPanel upgrade, I had to revert my exim configuration files to default. Why then do I have to add something from the RVSkin-templates? One should think that the default config should be scanning for viruses all by itself... :confused:

Thanks again!

-Trollmann